Monday, June 8, 2009

How exciting...writing to be used

I just found out that Women in Transition, Inc. (http://www.womenintransitioninc.org/) will be using something I wrote, in a letter going out to about 4,000 people. The piece was about how I wound up seeking help from Women in Transition, and what it has done for me.

Women in Transition works to empower women, and especially helps women in abusive and/or controlling relationships, and/or in relationships that involve substance abuse. Their tagline is "Empowering Women to Change Their Lives since 1971." If you know of anyone who might benefit from talking with someone at WiT in Philadelphia, please direct her to the website or to the LifeLine 215-751-1111. In other cities, similar services can be located through the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, at http://www.ncadv.org/, or call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233.

If my writing is not yet actually generating pay for me, I am still excited to think that it might help an organization like this one! Best of all, by supporting WiT in a small way, I could be part of the services continuing so that another woman might benefit from them.

No comments: